From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:ccp...@jiscmail.ac.uk] On Behalf Of
David J. Schuller
Sent: 20 October 2009 13:44
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] crystallography teaching advice: f(S) ?

On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 11:45 +0100, Phil Evans wrote:
> On 20 Oct 2009, at 10:53, Kevin Cowtan wrote:
> >
> I thought that the point of Enlightenment science was a rejection of
> (Aristotelian) authority, basing science of empirical observations. If

> properly conducted, Science is inherently not based on authority but
> on evidence...

Indeed. The word expertise is more appropriate in science than
authority.

-
You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that
you're a fool. - Wonko the Sane
                               David J. Schuller
                               modern man in a post-modern world
                               MacCHESS, Cornell University
                               schul...@cornell.edu

--
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential, copyright and or
privileged material, and are for the use of the intended addressee only. If you