Anna Pyle's group came out with a powerful idea- a simplified set of
torsion angles for nucleic acids (NA).
http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/content/vol31/issue16/images/small/gkg682f1.gif
http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/31/16/4755

This is implemented in a Perl program, called PRIMOS (
http://www.pylelab.org/software/index.html ), which you use to
generate 'worms' corresponding to all the nucleic acid structures in
the database that you're working on. You then search with a worm
corresponding to the structure of interest.

It works very well for RNA, at least, but you have to download the
entire NDB yourself and make worms using the PERL scripts (store the
worms carefully, you don't want to do this more than once!).

A COOT or web (EBI?!) interface would be very welcome, since this
process is quite involved.

HTH,

Mark

--
Mark Brooks, IBBMC, UMR8619 - Bâtiment 430,
Université de Paris-Sud, 91405 Orsay, France.