There is a program in the CCP4 Suite called "reforigin", which might be what you want. Since all origins are equivalent, there is no way a-priori to force an MR program to always use the "same origin", all you can do is compare to a reference. However, a "trick" you can play on such programs (that use RMSD as a score) is to make a "reference" PDB file with all atom coordinates at 0,0,0, or 0,1.0,2.0 (or perhaps the middle of the unit cell). This will origin-shift your MR solution to be as close as possible to that point. Clearly, there are ways for this to go wrong if your molecule is oriented "just so" but as long as you are careful you should be okay. The best thing is to have a "reference.pdb", and the top-scoring MR solution will often do.

Independent of "reforigin", I also wrote a jiffy to do this:
http://bl831.als.lbl.gov/~jamesh/pickup/origins.com

You run it like this: origins.com P21 reference.pdb mr_out.pdb correlate

where "correlate" means to use calculated map correlations instead of rmsd between atoms as the "score" for alignment. This is slower, but good for files that have no atom names in common (like heavy atom site constellations). If you make a PDB file of grid points in your EM map, then the "correlate" option above should work for aligning your EM map result to a PDB file.

-James Holton
MAD Scientist

Peter Grey wrote:
Dear crystallographers,

I try to solve a MR problem in P21 with several different structures (and one EM map) as search models. I would like all solutions to have the same origin so I could compare them and see their relative positions. I think a possible solution is to bring the center of mass of all models (and map) to the same point.
Is there another, easier,  solution ?
is there a way, already after molecular replacement, to bring all solutions to the same origin ?

Thank you for your time,

Peter