This is strange.

I've used the pET-Duet and pACYCDuet vectors extensively and the others once or twice and I've never seen behavior like that.

The pET-Duet has the same replication origin as "normal" pET vectors and has never presented me with any more difficulty than they do.

I typically use the pACYCDuet (in order to coexpress with a protein already cloned into a pET vector) and it has also behaved normally.

They are low copy number, but a standard miniprep (performed on a cell pellet from 10 mL culture) gives me ~150 ng/µL in 50 µL, which is plenty to work with for a long time.

So, I would qualify my experience with them as "successful".

Are you seeing the decrease in DNA yield as your plates age, or are these from fresh transformations?

What strain do you use for plasmid propagation?

What medium do you use for growth to prepare plasmids?

How do you perform your plasmid preps?

Best of luck,

Cynthia