Additional to all other suggestions you can also mix your ligand at low concentration to lots of low concentrated protein and then concentrate your protein over time. The advantage, ligands with low solubility can bind to your protein while you are concentrating it. And then I would attempt to set up trays with your known crystallization conditions and eventually cross-seed the drops with non-ligand crystals.

Good luck,
Jürgen

Jürgen Bosch
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Johns Hopkins Malaria Research Institute
615 North Wolfe Street, W8708
Baltimore, MD 21205
Phone: +1-410-614-4742
Lab:      +1-410-614-4894