Dear Colleagues,
In the proper buffer (e.g. PBS) and after sterile filtration (possibly, also upon addition of 0.02 % NaN3) Fab fragments can be stored at 4 oC and stay functional over more than a year. For long term storage they should be shock-frozen in liquid nitrogen and may be kept at -20 or -80 oC. As for any protein, repeated freeze-thawing should be avoided.
Arne Skerra