On 19 Nov 2009, at 09:34, Anastassis Perrakis wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am risking life and limb here, and possibly wining a first row seat to
> 'Morten's Inferno' for modelers!
>
> I want a software that will do some docking of a flexible ligand to a rigid
> protein model. Consensus google search suggested me to
> use AutoDock 4/Vina. (I am looking for free software).
>
> However, what I want to do is 'non-standard': I know from a crystallographic
> structure (brrrr....) the position of a Vanadate, which has to be (give or
> take)
> the position of my phosphate atom in my substrate (I have a
> phosphodiesterase). Thus this point should get fixed in space (no
> translation, or ideally
> restrained translation of some sort), while rotation around it should be
> allowed, plus that point should be the 'root' of the torsion tree of the
> ligand
> to allow it to change conformation around it. AutoDock (but not Vina) seems
> to be able to do it in simulated annealing mode, by setting the translation
> to 0.

Hi Anastassis,

I suggest you to stick with Autodock4 for a quick and dirty trick. Define your
ligand as a "flexible residue", choose the phosphorus atom as the root and put
it in the rigid part of the docking (i.e. with the receptor).
Then perform a run using the "do_local_only" option in the dpf file (you have
to comment out ga_run in the dpf). It is equivalent to a minimization.

That should do the trick.

Florian