Hi Jeremiah,
It is interesting that I have just told a student about this feature
today. You can pull up the information from the pdb directly (advanced
search) or have a look into the following article:

Kantardjieff, K. A. & Rupp, B. Matthews coefficient probabilities:
Improved estimates for unit cell contents of proteins, DNA, and
protein-nucleic acid complex crystals.  Protein Sci, 2003, 12, 1865-71

Cheers,
christian

Jeremiah Farelli wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Does anyone know of some relevant literature (or a general idea really) that
> discusses protein crystal solvent content vs. average resolution?  I am
> under the impression that the higher the solvent content, the lower the
> average resolution....but I'd like to see some sort of data to back this up.
>
> Thanks!

Dr. Christian Biertümpfel
Laboratory of Molecular Biology

NIDDK/National Institutes of Health              phone: +1 301 402 4647
9000 Rockville Pike, Bldg. 5, Rm. B1-03          fax:   +1 301 496 0201
Bethesda, MD 20892-0580
USA