> "After a thorough examination of the available data, which included a
> re-analysis of each structure alleged to have been fabricated, the
> committee
> found a preponderance of evidence that structures 1BEF, 1CMW,
> 1DF9/2QID,
> 1G40, 1G44, 1L6L, 2OU1, 1RID, 1Y8E, 2A01, and 2HR0 were more likely
> than not
> falsified and/or fabricated and recommended that they be removed from
> the
> public record," the university said in its statement this week."

I think it's worth pointing out, as I did when this came up last time, that one
needs to read this list of PDB codes very carefully, and in a font that
distinguishes 0 from O, and 1 from I.  It would be very unfortunate, for
example, if an innocent bacterial enzyme structure (2HRO) was called into
question in some people's minds because of the apparent fabrication of the
structure 2HR0.

Once again, I'd like to get the community's thoughts: should we ask the PDB to
stop using 0 and 1 in its IDs?

I'll get off the soapbox now.

- Matt (who has nothing to do with any of these structures...)

--
Matthew Franklin , Ph.D.
Senior Scientist, ImClone Systems,

Confidentiality Note:
This e-mail, and any attachment to it, contains privileged and confidential
information intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named on
the e-mail. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that reading it is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please immediately return it to the sender and
delete it from your system.

Thank you.