Francois Berenger wrote:
Paul Emsley wrote:
Francois Berenger wrote:
When I run coot in order to read the experimental MTZ corresponding
to the PDB I am viewing, [snip]

I am afraid coot is refining my molecule instead of just displaying the map.
Well, Refmac is - at Coot's request.

This usually happens because Coot doesn't detect phases in your MTZ file (i.e. you are using a phasing input file, rather than an output file). Or it could be a bug.

Yes, my MTZ doesn't have phase, it is not supposed to.]

I see. I was mislead by you writing "to read the experimental MTZ", which I took to mean that you wanted to read an MTZ with experimental phases.

But, as Bernhard C. Lohkamp just pointed out 3 minutes before on this same mailing list: does the fact that "NCYCLES 0" is present means that refmac would just compute a map and not do any refinement of my PDB?

Yes.  Exactly so.

Paul.