Alexander,

What graphics card were you using in the demo system?  From my experience,
it seems only the high end card (FX3700 and up) can do this (having the
3-pin stereo connector).  This is different from the situation for Windows
where a low end card like FX380 works fine.  The 3-pin stereo cable is
part of the 3D Vision kit in our purchase.

Yong

--------------------
Yong Wang, Ph.D.
Macromolecular Crystallography
Eli Lilly and Company, DC 0403
Lilly Corporate Center
Indianapolis, IN 46285
Tel: (317) 655-9145  Fax: (317) 651-6333
E-mail: wang_y...@lilly.com

alexander.schif...@sanofi-aventis.com
Sent by: CCP4 bulletin board <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
01/15/2010 03:11 AM
Please respond to
alexander.schif...@sanofi-aventis.com

CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
cc

Subject
[ccp4bb] Stereo TFT

Dear all,
We had a demo of the ViewSonic® FuHzion? VX2265wm and Nvidia 3D Vision
system yesterday.
The stereo quality is equivalent/superior to our Stereographics/CRT setup.
We have tested coot and pymol in the normal hardware stereo mode.  There
are several advantages besides space requirements and availability:
integrated recharchable battery and you can work with a second non stereo
TFT to expand the desktop as the glasses do not influence other TFTs
(unlike Stereographics).
On the ViewSonic TFT has a good image quality, however when looking at a
plain coloured background a fine grid is visible. In my opinion it does
not affect the normal crystallographic work and depending on you
background settings you might not even notice it.
As far as I understood the key requirements for linux are a quadro
graphics card with 3-pin stereo connector and the VESA 3-pin stereo cable
that is described in the manual from the Nvidia website but not included
in the package in all countries.
Best regards,
Alexander

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards / Cordialement

Dr. Alexander Schiffer

Sanofi-Aventis Deutschland GmbH
R&D CAS Structural Biology FFM
Industriepark Hoechst
Bldg. G877, Room 029
D-65926 Frankfurt am Main
t: +49 69 305 24896
f: +49 69 305 80169
w:www.sanofi-aventis.de
Sanofi-Aventis Deutschland GmbH ·  Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am
Main · Handelsregister: Frankfurt am Main, Abt. B Nr. 40661
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Hanspeter Spek - Geschäftsführer: Dr.
Martin Siewert (Vorsitzender), Ulf Bialojahn, Dr. Matthias Braun,
Peter Guenter, Prof. Dr. Dr. Werner Kramer, Dr. Klaus Menken, Dr. Heinz
Riederer