Ethan Merritt wrote:
On Thursday 04 February 2010 05:14:24 hari jayaram wrote:
>  [...]
The program run with command: /mega/ccp4-6.1.3/ccp4-6.1.3/bin/sortmtz
HKLOUT "/mega/hj-8-2-1/hjbr5-1/hjbr5-1_sorted_mosflm.mtz"
has failed with error message
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/NX/lib/libesddsp.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD
cannot be preloaded: ignored.

My guess is that your machine configuration includes a file that
initializes LD_PRELOAD for NX on login.  But it should not do this.

The LD_PRELOAD setting applies to all programs, so it should not
be set blindly to include program-specific libraries.

Unfortunately, some ccp4 configuration files also change PYTHONPATH.
And exactly the same could be said: "The PYTHONPATH setting applies to all programs, so it should not be set blindly..."

My personal workaround is to start a new shell, then only in this
one source the ccp4 configuration files.
But this is just a workaround, I hope it can be solved in future releases of ccp4 (ccp4 could creates a CCP4_PYTHONPATH and use this one
instead of using the system-wide one).

Regards,
Francois.