I have a quick question about linux for all.  Is there anybody running a
windows pc with linux on a bootable cd or bootable drive/flash drive/??? that
works for crystallography apps?  I have a colleague who does molecular dynamics
calculations and he needs some conversion programs that are unix based (not pc
based - they just haven't been ported and that's not my area).  We have linux
computers that he can use, but I thought in the end it might be easiest if he
could just boot up a linux flash drive to run his conversion, then go back to
his pc and windows.  Something like "damn small linux" or ??

Any thoughts on this?  Thanks

Dave