Jerry McCully and others sugars lovers,

SUGARS
======
How sweet [(it is)/(is it)] to work with glycoproteins (!/?)

Please, when asking for help, include details of the source and nature of the glycosylation.

i.e. :
Natural (Human or Mammalian) - monoclonal (best) / polyclonal / single donor / pooled multi-donor (worst).

Heterologous expression - organism used for expression and source:
 mammalian /
 yeast /
 insect/ :drosophila:bacolovirus
  etc.
                cell types

N-only or both N- and O- glycosylation and number of glycosylation sites.
Type of sugars present and the degree of variability.

Glycosylation is highly variable and depends on your system and growth conditions.

PHASE SEPARATION
Glycosylated proteins tend to be very soluble and phase separation is not typical.
PEG/salt phase separation on the other hand is very common.
This is a different topic which is independent of your protein and of glycosylation.

I would be happy to offer advice but I lack the information to do so.

Enrico.

--
Enrico A. Stura D.Phil. (Oxon) ,    Tel: 33 (0)1 69 08 4302 Office
Room 19, Bat.152,                          Tel: 33 (0)1 69 08 9449  Lab