I suggest you explicitly define the heterocompound as a rigid
body for torsion dynamics.  There are sometimes situations involving closed
ring systems that cause this topology generation error.

Axel Brunger

On Mar 20, 2010, at 3:46 AM, Suman Tapryal wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to calculate composite omit map using CNS. My structure has a
> bound molecule of tris. I have generated CNS topology and parameter files
> using PRODRG server. The files seem to work fine when I  am doing
> minimizations and other  refinement operations. However, I am getting the
> following errors while calculating composite omit map:
>
>  ERROR: There are no suitable base groups.
>    This problem can be caused by isolated
>    bonding networks with undefined or weak
>    dihedral force constants.
>    The atoms that cannot be placed in a tree
>    are listed below:
>     %atoms "T   "-1   -TRS -O1
>     %atoms "T   "-1   -TRS -C1
>     %atoms "T   "-1   -TRS -C
>     %atoms "T   "-1   -TRS -N
>     %atoms "T   "-1   -TRS -C3
>     %atoms "T   "-1   -TRS -O3
>     %atoms "T   "-1   -TRS -C2
>     %atoms "T   "-1   -TRS -O2
>  %TORSION:TOPOLOGY error encountered: Fatal Topology Error
>    (CNS is in mode: SET ABORT=NORMal END)
>
> Am I missing out something?
>
> Regards
>
> Suman

Axel T. Brunger
Investigator,  Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Professor of Molecular and Cellular Physiology
Stanford University

Web:    http://atbweb.stanford.edu
Email:  brun...@stanford.edu
Phone:  +1 650-736-1031