Dear All,

Thanks to all who gave me good suggestions   about my question regarding Buried
surface area and oligomeric interface. I am posting the summary here.

---Biochemical Society Transactions (2008) Volume 36, part 6  (Kobe et al.,)

----have a look at this paper. I believe it's exactly what you're looking for.

Protein-protein interaction and quaternary structure.
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18812015>

Janin J, Bahadur RP, Chakrabarti P.

Q Rev Biophys. 2008 May;41(2):133-80. Review.PMID: 18812015

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18812015

Paper: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16923808

PISA: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/msd-srv/prot_int/cgi-bin/piserver

----Acta Cryst. (2007). D63, 1-8

-----There are a number of older papers that discuss the relationship between
the conservation of residues and the possibility of an interface.  I am
assuming that this is a homodimer.  Among them are:

MaB. et al. 2003 PNAS 100:5772-5777.

Valdar, W. and J Thornton.  2001 Proteins: Struct. Func. Gen.  42:108-124.

Jones, S. and J Thornton.  1996 PNAS 93:13-20.

You may also want to check the PISA server to see how they calculate the most
favorable interfaces, or see what other structures show if it has been
crystallized in a different space group.

Thanks a lot
Regards
Yogi