You need to tell us the spacegroup for us to be very helpful...

And I often find the molrep plots less useful than the list of peaks and all the symmetry equivalents..
(It has a weird name - *rf or *doc I think)

But I guess all the variant are in point group P222? There are the 3 expected 2 folds on the Chi=180 section plus one other which is presumed an non-crystallographic 2 fold
Then there seems to be a non-cryst 4 fold showing up on the section chi=90

However that doesnt tell you whether your 4 molecules are arranged as a tetramer or as 2 dimers.Do you have a model and if so does that form a multimer?

In fact if you have a model it is usually simpler to solve the MR then use the self-rotation as verification of your solution.

The program PISA, available at the ebi http://www.ebi.ac.uk/msd-srv/prot_int/pistart.html or from CCP4 will analyse a structure and suggest what multimer is most likely. Then you can see if the suggested non-cryst of the solution agrees with the self rotation function..

The project B one is more interesting - again one needs to know the space group but there are obviously 8 2 folds - try plotting the chi = 45 section or looking at the list of peaks, and you should see a strong 8 fold axis..

Eleanor

Paul Lindblom wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have a little problem concerning the self rotation function. I hope I´m
not asking to much, but I am not sure how to interprete the images I get
from the calculation with molrep.
I calculated the self rotation map for 4 variants with each 4 molecules in
the ASU and one map for another project (most likely 8 molecules/ASU) I see
the peaks, but how do I see, if there is NCS? The images are attached.
Thanks a lot,

P.