Hiya Frank

Well my take on it would be that they did a certain experiment - which includes
phasing datasets - and we have an expectation to see all the steps reported.
Good structures are not the 'be all' and 'end all'. Reporting data is not
merely to convince readers that this is not a 'made up' structure. It is like
in mathematics when you don't just report the correct answer but your 'show
your workings' as my old maths teacher used to say. So maybe phasing statistics
are pretty important in that respect.

And it would be good to have datasets with experimental phases deposited. I
should've done this with my 1e3h years ago as the experimental phases (which,
as I recall, you were a friendly advisor on ;) were included in the refinement
target (CNS mlhl). SeMet phases are usually good - but ones from other heavy
atoms it might be nice to see too. There used to be a heavy atom database for
such like things - not sure of the current status of that.

see you
 all the best
   Martyn

Martyn Symmons