I very much agree - refinement will tell you if the high-res data make sense. Another very good test is the Wilson plot - it should look straight and reasonable. Inflated I/sigI values will not escape a strange appearance such as the WIlson plot flattening out at higher resolution. I normally find a very good consistency between the resolution cut-offs indicated by the wilson plot and the refinement statistics.

Poul