Hi James,

that's difficult to say, especially because the B-factor is strongly correlated
with occupancy ("anti-correlated" may be mathematically more sound).

If I did my maths correctly a couple of years ago, you still get a contribution
to the structure factor above machine accuracy with a B-factor of 200 at
'normal' resolution, so maybe explaining the context might help giving a
reasonable answer ?

Cheers, Tim

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 07:00:44PM -0400, james09 pruza wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> What would be the range of B-factor  (Maximum temperature factor) for a
> metal in a protein-metal complex?
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.
>
> James...

Tim Gruene