The Institute of Cancer Research
(University of London)

Section of Structural Biology
Chelsea, London

Post-doctoral Training Fellow

Structural Biology of proteins involved in DNA replication and repair

The Institute of Cancer Research (a College of the University of London) is
a world-class cancer research organisation. In the 2008 Higher Education
Funding Councils' Research Assessment Exercise, The ICR received the highest
percentage of research assessed as four stars, world leading, in the areas
of biological sciences and cancer studies.  We came top of the Times Higher
Education overall table of HEIs that submitted to more than one UoA -
ranking it as the UK's leading academic research centre, with 37% of
activity ranked 4* (world leading) and 42% ranked 3* (internationally
excellent).

The Section of Structural Biology at ICR is exceptionally well equipped for
all aspects of modern structural biology, with state-of-the-art laboratories
for molecular biology, recombinant expression in bacterial and eukaryotic
systems, biochemistry, X-ray crystallography and electron microscopy.
Excellent synchrotron access (~ 2 days/month) is available through rolling
beam allocation programmes at Diamond and ESRF. Information on our previous
work in this field can be found by searching PubMed.

A Postdoctoral position is available immediately in the laboratory of Dr.
Dale Wigley, FRS, to study the structure and mechanism of proteins involved
in DNA replication and repair. The postholder will be responsible for
expression, purification, crystallization and structural analysis of protein
complexes involving proteins from a number of different systems that include
DNA helicases.

Applicants should hold a PhD in a biological science, have experience of
macromolecular crystallography and recombinant protein expression, and have
evidence of a good publication record.  Experience in determining structures
by MIR or MAD would be an advantage.

The starting salary for the position will be in the range £26,996 to £35,518
p.a. inclusive (based on previous post-doctoral experience) and the post is
offered initially on a 3 year fixed term contract. Informal enquiries can be
made to Dr. Dale Wigley (dale.wig...@icr.ac.uk). Please note ­ this address
is for enquiries ONLY and CVs must be submitted in line with the
instructions below.

To apply please email your CV and covering letter (incl. the names and
addresses of two referees) to: recruitm...@icr.ac.uk quoting job reference
number C370.

This communication is from Cancer Research UK. Our website is at
www.cancerresearchuk.org. We are a charity registered under number 1089464 and
a company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales under number
4325234. Our registered address is 61 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX.
Our central telephone number is 020 7242 0200.

This communication and any attachments contain information which is
confidential and may also be privileged.   It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note
that any form of disclosure, distribution, copying or use of this communication
or the information in it or in any attachments is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender and delete the email and destroy any copies of it.

E-mail communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  We do not accept liability for any
such matters or their consequences.  Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail
is taken to accept the risks in doing so.