The problem is the unrestrained nature of the grouped b-factor
refinement itself.  Read this thread

http://www.mail-archive.com/ccp4bb@jiscmail.ac.uk/msg14133.html

In a nutshell, just stick with (properly wighted) individual B-factors.

--
Edwin Pozharski, PhD, Assistant Professor
University of Maryland, Baltimore