I have a 30kDa protein which I have been trying to crystallize. I have tried in
the conventional way using Hampton screens but no luck so far. CD of the
protein shows it is folded. However reading the literature I found out it is
strongly associated with the inner membrane of H. pylori. This was done by
Western blots of the supernatant  and membranes. Triton X-100 and N-lauroyl
sarcosine were found to release the protein into the supernatant.

My question is do I change tactics and try and crystallize it as a membrane
protein or try adding a small amount of detergents to the protein and treat it
as a soluble protein? Or something else?

Thanks in advance for all of your suggestions.

Daniel Bonsor