Dear Bei,

Pavel's statistic can be completed by the analysis of the most frequent values (modes) versus resolution. When the resolution is plotted in the LOG-scale, these most frequent values are practically linear functions giving their easy interpolation / extrapolation as

        mode(R) = 0.091*ln(resolution) + 0.134
        mode(Rfree-R)   = 0.024*ln(resolution) + 0.020

More detail can be found in Urzhumtsev, Afonine & Adams (2009) Acta Cryst., D65, 1283-1291.

Best regards,

Sacha

phenix.r_factor_statistics

gives:

Histogram of Rwork for models in PDB at resolution 0.6-99.0 A: