On Tuesday 10 August 2010 10:30:17 am Sue Roberts wrote:
> Hello Everyone
>
> There's probably an easy way to do this, but I haven't found it.
>
> I've refined a 1.1 A structure with refmac and want to inspect the thermal
> ellipsoids.  Specifically I want to know if any of them are non-positive
> definite and I want to know which have very large anisotropy. (I can look at
> them in coot, but I'd like to have a list).

The Parvati server was designed for exactly this purpose.
It is a validation tool for anisotropic refinement, and may help you to
adjust the restraint weights used during refinement, particularly if your
resolution is not quite at that ultra-ultra-high <1A range.

   http://www.bmsc.washington.edu/parvati/

We have recently extended the Parvati validation test suite for use
with anisotropic models refined using TLS rather than individual ellipsoids.
And yes, there is an updated version of TLSANL to go with it but I think
it has not escaped into the wild yet.

  Frank Zucker, P. Christoph Champ and Ethan A. Merritt
  Validation of crystallographic models containing TLS or other
  descriptions of anisotropy.  Acta Cryst. (2010). D66, 889–900

        cheers,

                Ethan

--
Ethan A Merritt
Biomolecular Structure Center,  K-428 Health Sciences Bldg