In fact the old PROCHECK which is still distributed with CCP4 I think does it - I am not sure that it obeys any current PDB criteria, bur it will give you two matching files.

Eleanor

James Stroud wrote:
You seem to have two different criteria listed, one more general than the other:

1. You need two or more PDB files to have the side chain atoms in the same order. 2. You need a specific ordering of side chain atoms applied to all PDB files.

The former is easier because it doesn't require some committee to waste their time agreeing on an ordering.

If the latter suffices and it is a one-off task, then I can do it for you. I have an API for this kind of thing, but it is not documented...yet.

James