On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 11:57 -0500, Jacob Keller wrote:
> I just don't want this guy to get misled into perhaps wasting
> months/years on something not particularly promising.

Trouble is, of course, that one never knows if a particular trick will
work this time.  We routinely get PEG/fluoride salt crystals, and yet
they have to be checked in the beam just in case.  I think you touch on
a quite difficult question, which is when one has to give up on a
crystallization lead as hopeless.

Cheers,

Ed.

--
"I'd jump in myself, if I weren't so good at whistling."
                               Julian, King of Lemurs