Hi Folks,

Sorry for the pre-xtallo question; pre-xtallo right now, but hoping to take my protein the xtallo way one of these days!

I am currently performing Thermofluor assays with my protein and the results show that the Tm is ~45C. I am looking for some examples of proteins and their melting temperatures so that I can gauge where my protein falls in the spectrum of unstable-to-stably folded. For example, the melting temperature of some forms of lysozyme is 73.8C (very stable, I suppose).

Just need a sense for whether my protein is considered unstable or somewhat stable. Please could you share some examples.

Many thanks.
Raji

Raji Edayathumangalam
Joint Research Fellow