ealrier on this forum Artem have posted about PTM
in bacteria.
this answer your question on PTM in bacteria.

QUOTE

"Yes, this does happen.
Spontaneous α-N-6-Phosphogluconoylation of a "His Tag" inEscherichia
coli:The Cause of Extra Mass of 258 or 178 Da in Fusion Proteins

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6W9V-45N4K22-R&_us
er=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&
_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=453fd46805ef7137c62705a5ae80384e

There are other options out there too but this one comes to mind first.

Artem"

--
Pius S Padayatti
Scientist,