Dear all,

Not a CCP4-related question, but there is no better informed group of people
out there.

We would like to buy a fluorometer equipped with a Peltier controlled sample
cell. We will measure Trp/Tyr fluorescence, but other groups will be using
the instrument for measuring fluorescence of DNA and various small molecule
fluorophores.

There are basically three instruments (in about the same price range) we are
aware of: Fluoromax-4 (Horiba),  RF-5301 (Shimatzu),  FP-6300 (Jasco).

Any opinions on the above or related instruments are very welcome. On paper
the machines are very similar with Fluoromax-4 being the most sensitive and
the most expensive...

Please forward your opinions to me and if there is enough responses I will
post a summary.

Thank you very much,

Petr

Petr Leiman