Hello Pavel,

thank you for the PDF file. When I search for the word "phase" starting from
page 24, all I find are "phenix.phase_and_build" and
"phase_and_build_params.eff" on p. 34, and they don't explain the problem.

I agree that experimental phases are data, but they might be utterly noisy data
and therefore hinderous rather than helpful.

I can easily integrate a data set to 1.0A and thus have data to 1.0A, if I set
the detector distance close enough, but if my crystal only diffracts to 2A, the
data between 2A and 1A only will do harm to the map. That's my main point, not
the meaning of TLS

Cheers, Tim

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 12:52:03PM -0700, Pavel
Afonine wrote:
>  Hi Tim,
>

>> following this discussion, I was wondering how much sense it makes to use
>> TLS domains and experimental phases at the same time.
>
> I guess both things are completely irrelevant. With using experimental
> phases you bring in more data. And with using TLS you simply use a more
> adequate model for ADPs. It's explained here:
>
> http://www.phenix-online.org/newsletter/CCN_2010_07.pdf
>
> starting page #24.
>
> All the best!
> Pavel.