On 28/10/10 20:12, Changyi Xue wrote:
Hi, all
I am trying to build an oligomer ligand. I have obtained all the cif files for the monomers from HIC-UP. I tried to build several monomers in using coot. Then I modified the pdb file and stated the link in the pdb head (LINKR X ABC 1 Y ABC 2 X-Y). However, when using refmac to refine, it always separated the monomers and broke the bond, which I could fix it back in coot using 'real space refine zone'.

I am wondering, what is the general practice to build such oligomer ligand?

Having a LINK in the PDB will show the link in the graphics.

Having a link description in the cif file will allow you to refine it (presuming that such a link is not already in the dictionary). This applies to any refinement program. If you want to refine the link with Coot, you will need to use "Sphere Refinement". (IMHO) cif link descriptions are not straightforward (not for the first few times that you make one, that is).

Paul.