Dear CCP4bb

We are looking for a highly motivated and skilful Post Doctoral Research
Associate to join the MX group at Diamond as member of the I02 beamline
team. You will take on a number of ongoing challenging structural
biology projects themed around membrane transporter proteins and join
our efforts to improve methods for sample handling and data collection.

Our target proteins are P-type ATPase and ABC transporters and we
benefit from a close collaboration with the Membrane Protein Laboratory
at Diamond. We also have a huge interest in continued development of
beamline experiments, crystal manipulation, and room temperature data
collection.

Within Life Sciences at Diamond we also have a range of beamlines
dedicated to techniques other than crystallography, and we encourage
cross beamline projects which make use of CD, SAXS, and IR spectroscopy,
to take advantage of our unique location. We also foresee use of the
facilities within the newly opened MRC led Research Complex at Harwell
as well as other facilities on site which is a true scientific hub
providing numerous enabling facilities.

For further information please see
http://www.diamond.ac.uk/Home/Jobs/Current/DIA0572-TH.html

Application deadline November 12th, 2010.

Best wishes

Prof. Thomas Sorensen
Principal Beamline Scientist I02
Diamond Light Source