Bryan,

Assuming that your values of sd(I) are accurate estimates of the
standard uncertainties of your Is, then I/sd(I) is a normalised
variate with SU = 1.  So the SU of the mean value of I/sd(I) (where as
Phil says the Is are simply the measurements of the various
reflections in a shell) is given by the usual formula for the SU of a
mean of N variates (assumed to be statistically independent of
course), i.e. 1/sqrt(N).  So provided N is sufficiently large, in most
cases this will be too small to worry about, e.g. for 1000 reflections
per shell the uncertainty in mean(I/sd(I)) is about 0.03.

Unless I've completely got the wrong end of the stick of what you are
trying to calculate, I'm not sure where the -1 and factor 2 in your
formula came from (note that we are not estimating the SU of the mean
from its sampling distribution, we already know the SUs of the
individual measurements).

HTH!

-- Ian