It is somehow related to your second question. These folks describe a method
for crystallization of low affinity complexes. I hope that helps.

Ignatev, A. et al. (2007) "A size filtration approach to purify low affinity
complexes for crystallization" J. Str. Biol. 159(1), 154-157

Cheers,

Mario Sanches

--
Mario Sanches