Hi,

You're working with a very 'rich' crystallization condition. It probably was
supersaturated or close to super-saturated with respect to something, and
that something crashed out on the surface (where liquid contacted air)
forming a crust. Your loop (while perfectly clean) can also be the source of
nucleation. Just a mere act of opening a drop can cause phenomena like this
one. How old was your drop (older partially evaporated drops tend to do this
more often)?

Sometimes it's possible to slow this crust formation down by coating the
drop with a film of oil, as soon as you open the reservoir. I would also
recommend avoiding complex buffers like that one unless there's literally no
other way to grow your crystals - there's a lot of inherent trouble
(especially with phosphate).

Artem