Hi
   Intrinsic fluorescence may be used to monitor such change qualitatively.
Another option is red-edge excitation flourescence technique may work if
there are suitable fluorophores (W or F) on the each of the two domains
changing solvent accessibility upon rigid body motion.

Amit.

AMIT DAS
PROTEIN CRYSTALLOGRAPHY
SOLID STATE PHYSICS DIVISION