Dear all, we have a vacancy for a postdoc within the MX group at Diamond. Full
details can be found at
http://www.diamond.ac.uk/Home/Jobs/Current/DIA0584-TH.html. Interested
candidates can contact me directly by email for further details on research
project associated with the post

Martin

PDRA, Beamline I04-1 Diamond

Diamond Light Source is a new synchrotron and a leading scientific facility of
its type in the world. Located on the Harwell Science and Innovation Campus in
South Oxfordshire, we host facilities supporting cutting edge research in all
fields of science.

We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced crystallographer at the
Post Doctoral Research Associate level to join the I04-1 beamline within the
Macromolecular crystallography village at Diamond. I04-1 is a fixed wavelength
(0.92 Å) insertion device beamline dedicated to macromolecular crystallography
(MX) and complements the other four currently operating MX beamlines at
Diamond. I04-1 provides a high flux X-ray beam for macromolecular structure
determination by the Single Anomalous Diffraction (SAD) or Molecular
replacement (MR) methods. A state of the art automated endstation consisting of
a MD2 microdiffractometer, a Pilatus 2M hybrid pixel array detector and a CATS
robot for automated sample handling is integrated into a automated data
reduction pipeline that provides users with a high-throughput crystallography
platform.

Research will be focused on structural studies of a multifunctional bacterial
uptake system that is required for critical mechanisms of bacterial survival in
the human.