Hi Kristof,
depending on what you termed "specific sites" the answer is definitely yes. I experienced such a case in the following reference related to the AcrB structure but I remember that this situation arose also in the case of the LTC4 structure.

-There is a baby in the bath water: AcrB contamination is a major problem in membrane-protein crystallization.
Veesler D, Blangy S, Cambillau C, Sciara G.

Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2008 Oct 1;64(Pt 10): 880-5.

-Structural basis for synthesis of inflammatory mediators by human leukotriene C4 synthase.

Martinez Molina D, Wetterholm A, Kohl A, McCarthy AA, Niegowski D, Ohlson E, Hammarberg T, Eshaghi S, Haeggström JZ, Nordlund P.

Nature. 2007 Aug 2;448(7153):613-6.

All the best
David