On Tuesday, December 14, 2010 09:05:04 am Kelly Daughtry wrote:
> Notepad++ is a free windows text editor that recognizes the line breaks, and
> does a multitude of other functions.
> http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

It's not relevant to editing PDB files, but be warned that
neither notepad nor notepad++ is compatible with
unix/linux files that use UTF-8 encoding.

[I recently wasted a chunk of time figuring out that this was the
 underlying cause for a bug report on one of my programs]

        cheers,

                Ethan

--
Ethan A Merritt
Biomolecular Structure Center,  K-428 Health Sciences Bldg