Dear all,

I might excuse myself for the silly question but it is the first time I
solve an x-ray structure.

After modell building in coot and running of refmac with restrained
refinement I have the problem that the pdb output file contains
distances between e.g. ILE Cb and Cg that are so long that the Cg is
displayed as single atom (distance ~1.64 A instead of 1.5 A). This seems
to happen to me for aminoacid sidechains where I added an alternative
conformation (especially if the 2nd conformation is oriented not far
away from the first one) and if I set the occupancy of sidechains like
Glu for Cd and further to zero (Here refmac gives a bond break between
the last atom with occupancy 0 and the first with occupancy 1). I can
adjust it of course in coot back to normal but after the next refmac run
the same happens again. The option card in refmac for geometric
restraints I kept untouched.
Am I missing to set on an option in refmac, or is there something else
going wrong?

Thanks a lot for the help

Marcus