My immediate response to this is that anyone worrying about the number of
reflections should get out more.

More seriously, is assessing the quality of measurements then multiple observed
measurements of systematically absent reflections should agree within their
error estimates and (ideally) have a mean = 0.0, thus it seems valid to include
them in measures of internal consistency such as Rmerge, Rmeas (strictly they
should be compared to 0 rather than their mean <Ih>), i suppose)

On the other hand, in looking at intensity statistics (as in truncate) the
observed intensities should be compared with their expectation values which
will depend on the space group (but still included perhaps). However there are
so few of these reflections that it won't make much difference (though it is
more important to separate centric & acentric reflections, as there may be
quite a lot of centrics)

ie "situation normal" (SNAFU?) - it is not going to make any difference

Phil