Hi,

   This sort of problem can occur if you are missing your lowest resolution
data and/or your model for the bulk solvent is inappropriate.  You might
want to double check these issues.

   With 80% solvent you have to be careful when choosing your contour level.
If you are a fan of normalized maps and contouring based on "sigma" (and it's
not a sigma by the way) you should be aware that the normalization factor is
calculated over the protein and all that empty space and will be smaller than
one calculated for equivalent protein density in a low solvent crystal.
Plus/minus 3 contours will be lower and the significance of features will
be inflated.

   One way to calibrate a contour level would be to leave out a known good
bit of model and calculate your difference map.  Then select a contour level
that shows the understood omission well.  Other peaks that show up at that
level are errors as significant as the one you created.

Dale Tronrud