Have you checked for twinning? Look at the plots after scala..

Eleanor

On 02/07/2011 10:49 AM, Md. Munan Shaik wrote:
Dear all,
I have a question regarding the refinement and density map.

My protein is 261 amino acids long and crystalize very nicely with very high
resolution . There is no multiple spot in the image and diffraction looks
amazing. I collected a dataset at 1.38 resolution and the space group is
P43, overall Rmerg is 0.02 (most likely the space group is P4122, but then the
solvent content is less than 16% for one molecule in the assymmetric unit, that
are unlikely), so I processed the image in P4 (36% solvent) and run molecular
replacement with a model that have 42 sequence identity. I got a solution in P43
that are good enough in some part but in the map there are many gap at even
lower sigma level. I tried to refine and Rfree stacked at 36 along with Rwork,
which is 33.

I also checked the degradation patteren of the protein in the crystal and it
looks not degraded and full length protein crystalize.

Is there anybody can suggest me anything that I can try?

Regards,

Md. Munan ShaikPhD Student
Department of Biotehnology
School of Bioscience and Biotechnology