That's approximately the bandwidth of a Si (111) monochromator.

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011, Andre Luis Berteli Ambrosio wrote:

Dear ccp4bb,

I sometimes find the flux of x-ray sources reported in units of “photons/s/0.1%
bandwidth”
instead of simply “photons/s”.

Where does the “1/0.1% bandwidth” unit come from? I have also seen other
percentages like 0.01%
bw  or 0.02% bw…

Is it simply defining some degree of acceptance in energy (for example, the
flux between 8 KeV
+/- 8 eV for a given stored current)? Does it somehow have to do with energy
resolution?

Thank you in advance for your answers,

-Andre Ambrosio

        Robert M. Sweet                 E-Dress: sw...@bnl.gov
        Group Leader, PXRR: Macromolecular               ^ (that's L
          Crystallography Research Resource at NSLS            not 1)
          http://px.nsls.bnl.gov/
        Biology Dept
        Brookhaven Nat'l Lab.           Phones:
        Upton, NY  11973                631 344 3401  (Office)
        U.S.A.                          631 344 2741  (Facsimile)