Dear All,

Thank you for your suggestions. Many of you asked what the occupancies were in the region and they were all one, so partial occupancy was not the problem.

I was using TLS restraints during the refinement when this problem happened. Given the suggestions that TLS may be a problem and that might be causing the low B-factors, I went back and re-ran the refinement without TLS and the problem disappeared. Then I submitted my latest file to the TLSMD server for new restraints and the next round of refinement got rid of the problem. The B-factors increased to normal levels (~15 compared to ~5 before) so it seems to have done the trick.

Thank you to everybody for their help,

Judith Reeks

ja...@st-andrews.ac.uk

School of Chemistry