Dear TingWei,

Can you provide more details of what you are trying to do and why, and how you
manipulated the model for which you want to determine the R-values?  Is it data you
collected and a model that you have been working on or is it a structure and its data
from the PDB that you are working with or perhaps something else?  What do you mean by
refined yourself without help from any program?  What did you do?  Manually move some
atoms by changing the coordinates in the PDB file without even the aid of a graphics
program such as Coot or O or Xtalview?  Did you use the data (an electron density map) to
aid with your manipulation/"refinement"?  How?

If you just want R-values without doing any refinement, you can plug your
manipulated model and dataset into Refmac and do zero refinement cycles, which
will give you some relavant statistics.

A non-ccp4 option to get statistics for particular models and datasets is
phenix.model_vs_data in the Phenix package
(http://scripts.iucr.org/cgi-bin/paper?he5476)

hope that helps,

Eric

Eric T. Larson, PhD