Dear Colleagues,
Agreed!  There is a wider point though which is that the 3D structure and data
can form a potential for further analysis and thus the data and the structure
can ideally be more than the current paper's contents. Obviously artificially
high <I/ sig I > cut offs are both unfortunate for the current article and such
future analyses. In chemical crystallography this potential for further
analyses is widely recognised. Eg a crystal structure should have all static
disorder sorted, methyl rotor groups correctly positioned etc even if not
directly relevant to an article. Such rigour is the requirement for Acta Cryst
C , for example, in chemical crystallography.
Best wishes,
John

Prof John R Helliwell DSc