On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 1:21 PM, <mjvdwo...@netscape.net> wrote:

> We have found videomach, which costs a very small amount of money to
> obtain. Similarly, Adobe Premiere is affordable for an educational
> institution. We don't mind paying, but before we go there, does anyone have
> experience with making MPEG movies from PNG files on windows? What is your
> experience with quality of product and especially with user friendliness?

I used VideoMach for exactly this circa 2004, and it was excellent, despite
only being available on Windows.  I would have preferred to do everything on
Linux, but I couldn't find any other (free or inexpensive) program that was
that easy to use and would generate MPEGs that were well-compressed,
high-quality, and ran well on any computer.  But why not download the trial
version and see how you like it?  (It will watermark your movies, which
appears to be a new "feature" since I used it, but at least it'll give you a
feel for the interface, etc.)

-Nat