From: CCP4 bulletin board on behalf of Ray Brown
Sent: Thu 10/03/2011 17:04
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] glycerol

Hi all,

I was intrigued by the recent question of whether glycerol had any adverse
effects on the final purity of protein isolated by chromatography. Glycerol
certainly helps to solubilize some proteins. Does anyone know of any negative
effects of glycerol in protein purification, on protein crystal quality or use
in cryocrystallography and on X-ray diffraction results?

Cheers.

Ray Brown
New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates Direct contact information
for affiliates is available at
for the use of the individual or entity named on this message. If you are
your system.